Quiz - Middle Ear Cleft
This tutorial is a long and important one so be sure to read it carefully and understand its contents. The questions below relate to the anatomy of the temporal bone and the middle ear cleft.
1. Name the four main parts of the temporal bone.
2. What are the three parts of the middle ear cleft?
3. Name the bone shown and the four labelled parts.
4. What structures lie in the epitympanum?
5. What is the scutum?
6. What diseases can affect the Eustachian tube?
7. Posterior to the mastoid and petrous temporal bone lies a very important structure. What is it? You may have to look at an anatomy textbook to work this out.
This site is for educational purposes only and as such does not replace clinical judgement. The site contains high-resolution images, although mobile compatible. For optimum viewing, please switch to a HD ready computer.