Quiz - Facial Nerve
1. Name the three main segments of the facial nerve.
2. What are the structures that the facial nerve passes near in the middle ear?
3. What infections can cause facial palsy?
4. On examination what is the difference between a patient with a facial palsy caused by a middle ear disease and a patient with a stroke?
5. What other nerves does the facial nerve give off in the middle ear and what are their functions?
6. Why do patients with facial palsy become blind?
This site is for educational purposes only and as such does not replace clinical judgement. The site contains high-resolution images, although mobile compatible. For optimum viewing, please switch to a HD ready computer.