1. Name of the location of 90% of epistaxis
2. A genetic disorder that forms AV malformations in the skin, lungs, brain etc
3. Name of posterior vascular plexus in the nasal cavity causing posterior epistaxis
4. 1st line treatment for all epistaxis
5. The common brand name for anterior nasal packing
6. Chemical used in cautery sticks
7. Physically scaring complication of posterior nasal packing with foleys catheter
Quiz - Physiology of the Nose and Sinuses
Here is your next quiz. Most of the answers are within the text of the tutorial but not all of them. You will have to do a little reading to get all of the answers.
1 . Write a short description of mucociliary clearance and its purpose.
2 . Does cranial nerve 1 (the olfactory nerve) enter the nose?
3 . Label the parts of this diagram.
4 . What is stasis?
5 . What is the function of the sinuses?
6 . Where might disease from the sinuses spread?
7 . What is the nasolacrimal duct?
8 . What is the middle meatus?
This site is for educational purposes only and as such does not replace clinical judgement. The site contains high-resolution images, although mobile compatible. For optimum viewing, please switch to a HD ready computer.