1. Name of the location of 90% of epistaxis
2. A genetic disorder that forms AV malformations in the skin, lungs, brain etc
3. Name of posterior vascular plexus in the nasal cavity causing posterior epistaxis
4. 1st line treatment for all epistaxis
5. The common brand name for anterior nasal packing
6. Chemical used in cautery sticks
7. Physically scaring complication of posterior nasal packing with foleys catheter
Otorrhoea - Ear Discharge
Otorrhoea, or ear discharge, is a sign and symptom of outer and middle ear disease. Inner ear disease does not cause discharge (or ear pain, for that matter).
The characteristics of the discharge can give some clues as to the underlying cause. In the table below, the character is paired with a diagnosis. Remember that life is seldom so simple and that there is overlap between character and diseases. Nonetheless, these characteristics are beloved of exam setters and clinicians alike.