Quiz - Middle ear cleft
1. Name the three main segments of the facial nerve.
2. What are the structures that the facial nerve passes near in the middle ear?
3. What passes through the spiral foramina?
4. What infections can cause facial palsy?
5. On examination what is the difference between a patient with a facial palsy caused by a middle ear disease and a patient with a stroke?
6. What diseases can affect the Eustachian tube?
7. What other nerves does the facial nerve give off in the middle ear and what are their functions?
8. Why do patients with facial palsy become blind?