Quiz - Cholesteatoma
This is just a short quiz on cholesteatoma.
1. Describe the method by which a primary acquired cholesteatoma arises.
2. What are the earliest symptoms of cholesteatoma?
3. List the complications of cholesteatoma.
4. What is a bacterial biofilm?
5. A patient comes to your clinic with discharge from the ear. He tells you that he has had an operation on his ear and that he is deaf in that ear. He doesn’t know what the operation was.
When you examine the ear you find a well healed postaural wound and a large external acoustic meatus. Otoscopy reveals a large cavity that is filled with green discharge. How should you treat this patient?